- What are the admission requirements?
- Which things do I have to submit to apply?
- What EnglishCode for proficiency scores are required?
- Late applications?
- How much does WAREM cost?
- Do I need a student visa?
- How about finding housing?
- What do I do after acceptance (Pre-Departure Information) ?
- How do I apply for a scholarship?
International Students :
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Natural Sciences or equivalent
- Proof of adequate knowledge of English - see table below We need an officially authenticated / certified copy of the result (certified by a public lawyer or your University or the German Embassy) or the original sent by ETS. The ETS department code for TOEFL is 0460. Inform WAREM by e-mail if ETS will send your result.
- Educational and/or professional background in water related subjects - particularly in fluid mechanics
- Chinese applicants:
Chinese applicants have to submit an APS certificate issued by the >Akademische Prüfstelle für chinesische Studienbewerber (APS) which has recently been set up at the German embassy in Peking.
- German High School Diploma
- Bachelor of Science in civil or environmental engineering from a German university, "Fachhochschule" or "Berufsakademie"
- Proof of adequate knowledge of English - see table below
- Educational and/or professional background in water-related subjects - particularly in fluid mechanics
|TOEFL PBT||550 pts. minimum|
|TOEFL iBT||79 pts. minimum|
|IELTS Internet-Based||6.0 or better|
|CAE||C grade or better|
|CPE||C grade or better|
No English test is required for candidates of these countries (Please klick link to see the referring list) who have received their university education in English (include confirmation of institution)
TOEFL Reporting Code for Universität Stuttgart: 0460
To apply for the winter semester, please submit the following materials to us by February 15th:
- Send filled and signed application form
- letter of intent and a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- officially authenticated copy of your school leaving certificate (high school certificate or equivalent)
- officially authenticated copy of your university transcript
- officially authenticated copy of your university diploma
- 2 letters of reference - forms available at our download area
- Results of your English proficiency examination - see table above We need an officially authenticated / certified copy of the result (certified by a public lawyer or your University or the German Embassy) or the original sent by ETS. The ETS department code for TOEFL is 0460. Inform WAREM by e-mail if ETS will send your result.
- Validated Copy of APS (for applicants from the People's Republic of China, Vietnam and Mongolia only)
- Validated copy of Konkoor (for Iran and Turkey only)
- a copy of your passport
- a validated copy of your University entrance exam (for applicants from Iran and Turkey only)
Scanned copies via e-mail are not sufficient. Please send your application by regular post!
Documents have to be sent with a certified translation into German or English!
Please DO NOT send originals if you need them in the future! We DO NOT send applications back!
Copies can be authenticated/verified/certified by your Universiy, a public notary or the German Embassy.
Please send your application as early as possible to allow ample time for any corrections or re-submissions that may be necessary.
Bildungsinlaender koennen sich auch NACH DER DEADLINE bewerben. Bitte kontaktieren Sie uns per E-mail unter firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need a approx. 650 EUR/month to cover the following:
- Rent: 250-300 EUR/month (on-campus housing)
- Health Insurance: 78 EUR/month
- Food: 200 EUR/month
- Entertainment & Leisure Activities: 90 EUR/month
- Start-Up Money: 300-400 EUR (for public transportation, etc)
- Study Fees:approx. 148.25 EUR/semester
Please note these are approximated figures and may vary! For comparison: The current rate provided by a DAAD scholarship is around 720 EUR/month.
WAREM is part of a new scholarship programme "Sustainable Water Management" established by DAAD -
German Academic Exchange Service. The programme is offered to
highly-qualified Graduates and Doctoral Students from Kazakhstan,
Mongolia, Iran, Jordan, Vietnam and Indonesia, who have graduated from
their studies in Engineering or Natural Sciences subjects.
PLEASE NOTE: Beside your full application to WAREM you have also to follow all applications requirements for the scholarship programme listed under DAAD
Please note: Neither the University of Stuttgart nor WAREM have their own scholarship programmes or provide financial assistance for students. If you are looking for a funding of your studies in Germany please first check for programmes provided by your home country.
Furthermore DAAD provides a database for various types of funding offered by the DAAD and of the programmes offered by other funding organisations for studies in Germany, that might be interesting for you under DAAD
Anne Weiss, M.A,M.Sc. - Pfaffenwaldring 7, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany; Telefon: 0049 711 685-66616�