All information concerning the registration of SQ can be found here.
If your German level is under A2.1 you can achieve your 6 ECTS by doing two German courses.
If your German level is A2.1 after having completed the first German course, you have to choose one SQ out of the catalogue of SQs.
If your German level already achieved is A 2.1, choose two SQs out of the catalogue of SQs.
Some notes and hints for the registration of SQs:
- Register as early as possible, as soon as you get the e-mail (on your student e-mail) the registration for the SQs is open
- Log in your student e-mail via this link.
- You will get an e-mail ift you are accepted in this course or not.
- Most likely you will not be accepted as there are a lot of students who want to attend a SQ and not enough offers. BUT, what you can do now, is to go there on the first day of the course. If the course still has free places, you can speak with the lecturer and tell him/her that you would like to attend the course.
- Again, go early and in time to the class. So chances to get a place are higher.
BUT: “Please note that a withdrawal from a registered course-accompanying examination (orig. “LBP”) is only possible during the registration period. If you register for this type of examination and want to withdraw from it after the registration period, you should obtain consent from the examination committee in charge! Therefore we strongly recommend to register for a course-accompanying examination when you are absolutely certain that you want to take this examination!” (exam office official website).
4. What if a student does not pass a mandatory exam? What if a student does not pass an elective exam?
2. Where can I find the form to register for my Master’s Thesis, and what should I do to register for it?
Please determine with your supervising professor the exact date when you will begin with your Master's Thesis. This date will be registered via the Examination Office (Prüfungsamt). The time to work on the Thesis is exactly 6 months. An extension is only possible in case of severe illness.
https://www.uni-stuttgart.de/en/study/index.html – All you need to know of Uni Stuttgart
printpeter.de – printing up to 150 pages in color for free every month (for lecture notes)
ilias3.uni-stuttgart.de – the most important website for students ever
Dropbox.com – share files with your classmates.
SW Stuttgart – app from Play Store which includes Mensa Speiseplan (food) and Waschmaschine (Washing machine)
VVS Mobil – app from Play Store showing timetable of public transport in Stuttgart, map of S-bahn stations and bus stops.
Mendeley – platform with reference manager, visualisation tools.